Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Actiontec - Password help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

2 Routers - 2 Internet Connections

Old 15-08-2008, 16:27   #1
shibby
Inactive

shibby is an unknown quantity at this point
2 Routers - 2 Internet Connections

OK I have 1 internet connection to my netgear WGT624 (Virgin Media) IP 192.168.0.x

BT Home hub with broadband on 192.168.1.x

Now I wish to join both networks together, so 192.168.1.x can access the network printer on the other network.

Any ideas? I would like to keep it so that any of the devices connected to one of the routers only uses that router internet connection.

I doubt if it matters, but the netgear router is on the ground floor with a conenction going upstairs, while the home hub is also upstairs.
On the single connection just mentioned is a switch, which the printer and pc connects to, thus making it part of the netgear router.
shibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-08-2008, 16:34   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: 2 Routers - 2 Internet Connections

Just set the two routers on slightly different IPs (for example 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2) then just static the rest of the machines to match the gateway IP you wish but have all the machines on the same subnet 255.255.255.0 hence giving you 192.168.0.3 to 192.168.0.255 everyone can see each other and dependant on the gateway they use depends on which ISP they go through.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 17:02   #3
shibby
Inactive

shibby is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2 Routers - 2 Internet Connections

Ah yes, that is a good idea! Might give that a go later!
shibby is offline   Reply With Quote