Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free Broadband With Sky!!!!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other ISPs Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dial-up suggestions

Old 17-02-2007, 21:19   #1
greencreeper
Inactive

Services: Email me for a current price list
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
Dial-up suggestions

My mum's having trouble with her dial-up connection provider. Any suggestions for no-fuss providers - just create the Windows connection and away you go. No signing your life away.
greencreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-02-2007, 21:31   #2
Nikesh
Inactive

Nikesh has reached the bronze age
Nikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze ageNikesh has reached the bronze age
Re: Dial-up suggestions

Why doesn't your mum have broadband instead?
Nikesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2007, 21:32   #3
greencreeper
Inactive

greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star
greencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny stargreencreeper has a nice shiny star

She's in a bit of broadband-free area, and the cost would be more than she pays at the moment - she's only a light user.
Old 18-02-2007, 16:48   #4
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencreeper View Post
My mum's having trouble with her dial-up connection provider. Any suggestions for no-fuss providers - just create the Windows connection and away you go. No signing your life away.
My own ISP offers a few subscription based packages, or a simple PAYG service. See here.

This is the best ISP I have used to date, the support is excellent.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 00:12   #5
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

If you dont want to give out her postcode, give a postcode thats very close to her so maybe we could help find cheap providers for her...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2007, 00:48   #6
greencreeper
Inactive

She's in LS26
Old 25-02-2007, 23:46   #7
greencreeper
Inactive

I went with UKFSN - created an account and setup the connection. Seems to be working fine - left F-Prot updating and the connection stayed live, whereas with the old connection, my mum reports it was dropping out all the time, or difficult to logon.
Old 26-02-2007, 00:04   #8
pedantic
Inactive

Services: O2 standard
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
pedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronzepedantic is cast in bronze
Send a message via Yahoo to pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencreeper View Post
I went with UKFSN - created an account and setup the connection. Seems to be working fine - left F-Prot updating and the connection stayed live, whereas with the old connection, my mum reports it was dropping out all the time, or difficult to logon.
Good choice !

Although I am slightly biased.
pedantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2007, 00:20   #9
greencreeper
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedantic View Post
Good choice !

Although I am slightly biased.

I do prefer the smaller companies - usually do provide better service.
Old 27-02-2007, 23:20   #10
Zee
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity Option 2, BT Talk Unlimited, Three PAYG, Giffgaff PAYG, Sky TV Entertainment Package
Zee has reached the bronze age
Zee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze ageZee has reached the bronze age

Since you said she's a very light user, she can get Be's Broadband for £14 per month with a 4GB usage limit.

www.bethere.co.uk
https://www.bethere.co.uk/belitehome....do;jsessionid=
I know it seems extreemly fast, but broadband at that price is very good.

I used the postcode LS26 0RA to do my search.

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ch....php?p=summary

You can click on LLU or Cable etc using her real postcode to do the search on that site, you can also enter her phone number to get a better result.

i hope this helps
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote