Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 12 months free data on PAYG

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New deal and data wont work

Old 19-06-2012, 13:25   #1
mikewilk
Inactive

mikewilk is an unknown quantity at this point
New deal and data wont work

Will be honest i have ask this question on the virgin forum but got no reply up to now

Cancelled my virgin contract for a blackberry 8520 took a sim only deal including Internet,all the time I have been on contract my wife could check the lottery results on line from the comfort of her chair,now when we try to go online first message we get is unable to connect, an old page is on file do I want to view it, if I click yes I get a message I am in an area where mobile data is not available try again in another area.

Now nothing has been changed by me its the same sim card and I haven't altered any settings,the main difference I can see is instead of gprs next to the signal bars I get gsm,just wondering if I am now on orange only and cant use data on gsm,

Know there is a virgin gprs signal in my house because I had a dongle and before orange came on the scene if the 3g signal failed on the dongle it would go to gprs.

I have also tried it in the front garden to see if it was with being inside,any ideas please.

Mike
mikewilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-06-2012, 15:42   #2
mikewilk
Inactive

mikewilk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New deal and data wont work

Sorted needed rebooting
mikewilk is offline   Reply With Quote