View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 15:00   #25
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Freesat dish advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Quick question seeing this thread is live:

With this dual/quad LNB stuff, I presume you need one coaxial feed per LNB? The reason I ask is that this would mean having to run new cables if I were to move from Freeview to Freesat and run a PVR, something which I'm not too keen on, as the current cable is buried underneath my newly installed hardwood floor...
Yes correct, each port of the LNB needs a seperate cable, for a freesatpvr a dual lnb will do and you can get dual cables (i.e two cables moudled together (looks a bit like giant speaker cable except each side is a seperate co-ax)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
Thanks.

I was thinking of just getting a new dish to go with a new box and this one caught my eye so I was wondering what you though:- http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...24740&source=1 thanks again Kymmy
It's a nice little system and good to see HD, but you could probably get something cheaper online.. Also remmeber that if you;re looking at european stations then UK might not always be in the right footprint and if possible a 0.9m or a 1.2m dish might be better.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

Also if looking at eurosats then go for a system with DISECQ, that way a disecq motor can easily be added and you have a multi-sat system
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote