View Single Post
Old 07-08-2023, 10:27   #1
NorfolkEnchants
cf.member

NorfolkEnchants is an unknown quantity at this point
Cat6 Garden/office- cable tested ok - but no internet?

Hi everyone

Wonder if you can help me over the final hurdle of getting hardwired connection in my garden office. I think I'm nearly there but just not getting an internet connection..

I've ran a Cat6 cable from my router to my garden office- around 30m away (in cable ducting)- all inside the walls. I've cable tested from the router end to the face plate in the garden office- where the CAT6 cable terminates. All lights on the tester light up sequentially at both ends- so looks ok in principle. Its just a basic cable tester with lights numbered 1-8. I

Unfortunately, when I connect my laptop via another cat6 patch cable in the garden/office from the face plate- there is no LAN connection at all/no internet at all?

I've tried the following a few times:
Resetting Asus router
Swapping cables over.
Rebooting laptop

Laptop works fine when connected to ethernet or wifi in house. Virgin fibre speeds around 450MPS.

The CAT6 cable is high quality -(solid copper) as I've already ran the cable to a distant bedroom earlier about 25m away and this has worked fine. Not sure if I should just re-do all the connections from the router faceplate to the faceplate in the office?

Thanks in advance.

Norf
NorfolkEnchants is offline   Reply With Quote