View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 18:49   #19
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Re: Your home network

Mines really simple too

Shub1 (in modem mode) connected to a dlink DIR -615 router

1 ethernet to my pc, 1 to the kids x-box next to the tv

Everything else connects wirelessly

Daughter PC via USB dongle,

4 smartphones
1 chromecast
1 Philips smart tv
3 tablets

I wouldn't like to be in a pre wireless world now I must admit.

Only thing I'd change right now, is perhaps the router for something a bit further reaching. (I can just about get a signal in all of the house, though it's pretty weak at the edges & far enough into the garden to be able to use my phone on a Bluetooth connection to stream from Google music ok.

Can't see the point for any switches or gigabyte hubs etc when there's only one pc hard-wired in my house. (which isn't a mansion clearly as a 615 covers all the rooms)

I like to Keep It simple Stupid (KISS) when possible.
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote