View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 12:24   #1432
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I think you're spot-on on both points. I did wonder if Trump's comments about the security report were a typical "dead cat" comment to distract the American public from his continuing direct ownership of his business interests but it seems worse even than that.

It's concerning that Trump blames the US intelligence forces for the leak of the document when James Clapper, US director of national intelligence, told Trump on Wednesday evening that the intelligence community had not been responsible for the leak. “I emphasised that this document is not a US intelligence community product and that I do not believe the leaks came from within the IC,”
This just makes for a dysfunctional country if Trump strives to blame the intelligence services when they have clearly told him that they did not leak the documents. No wonder Putin aided and then toasted Trump's electoral success!

Ron Ryden, an Oregon Democrat on the Senate intelligence committee describes the dangers of the current situation very well.
“The president is responsible for vital decisions about national security, including decisions about whether to go to war, which depend on the broad collection activities and reasoned analysis of the intelligence community. A scenario in which the president dismisses the intelligence community, or worse, accuses it of treachery, is profoundly dangerous,” Wyden said.

Quotes from https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...p-dossier-leak
How is simply saying "I do not believe the leaks came from within the IC" anything like proof or evidence?