Thread: Racing (Horse) General Horse Racing Thread
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2011, 06:19   #151
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Horse Racing

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/

Quote:
THE curtain came down on the venerable career of sprinter The Tatling in the best possible style at Wolverhampton on Monday afternoon as the remarkable 14-year-old got up late to win his last race.

Quote:
"He is a star in everyone's eyes that know him and I've had people calling me after already and saying what a wonderful way to go out. There must have been so many people that must have known about him.
Quote:
Owner Darren Hudson-Wood added: "I nearly cried a second ago. I didn't expect him to be in the first five to be honest with you. It's absolutely incredible and justifies going out like that. Thank you to Mr Bradley for everything involved with the horse."
Quote:
In total The Tatling won £687,763 in win and place prize-money. He raced at 31 racecourses in Britain as well as racing in Ireland, France and Hong Kong. He was ridden by 37 jockeys, ten of them winning on him since being first seen in action at Newmarket in May 1999.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...rd/961365/top/

Quote:
KAUTO STAR has been confirmed to bid for his fifth William Hill King George VIChase at Kempton on December 26, which sets up a Christmas cracker between himself, Long Run and dual Champion Chase-winner Master Minded.
Quote:
"Ruby isn't going to get off Kauto Star, and Daryl will be aboard Master Minded. Long Run will probably come on for the run, but he's still got eight lengths to find."