View Single Post
Old 27-12-2013, 12:52   #1923
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: what game are you playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Well, I'm trying to play BF4 (PC version).

So far today -
a) You have to install Origin, and the install from the discs doesn't work - go to the web, and install it from the site
b) Install the game from 3 x DVDs, and after loading all the data from them, fails at 20% install (known error - you have to copy all the files except 3 from one of the installer libraries to a new library, re-install, and then it works)
c) When that finally finished, I was required to download a 1.2GB update
d) try to start the game, it tells me I need the latest Nvidia drivers - download those, install, and off we jolly well, erm, go!
e) well, no - I am now downloading a 4,544.31MB patch - luckily, it's from a good server, so it's downloading at 8MB/sec

Strangely enough, when I installed COD Black Ops II last month, I had none of these 'challenges'......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It hasn't...

Nvidia update didn't - so removed all Nvidia components, rebooted, downloaded 381.8w, turned of anti-virus and real-time protection, run Nvidia driver install as admin, and it failed.

Computer now switched off, drinking very large cognac....
Well, good news (so far...).

Lots of searching on the intraweeb, tried lots of different things (none of which worked), then found someone who advised creating a new admin user, and install the drivers from there (after tidying/removing as before) - and IT WORKED!!!!!!
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote