View Single Post
Old 27-01-2017, 22:00   #8
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Do you use Kodi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Don't think there is anything to worry about, as it stands Kodi is perfectly legal, not sure if VM will be able to tell how I use it like they can do with torrents.
Kodi is perfectly legal. Using it to access copyrighted material and subscription based services is not, don't confuse the two. As it stands however, the UK courts are only pursuing P2P torrenting. As it stands with single server streaming, it tends to be the host that is pursued and punished, as I've said though, this will change thanks to Kodi, eventually they'll chase those that are getting sub based services for free.

VM and any other ISP at any point could very easily see what you're watching. What you're doing on Kodi is literally no different than watching the same stream on the hosted site itself. All Kodi is doing is opening the link and playing it in its own video client.

As above, these attitudes will eventually push the boat one way or another and some form of action will eventually come.

Kodi will be responsible for a crack down on single server streaming. It's deluded to believe Sky and Virgin will just sit on their arse whilst people cancel their subs and rip their content off for free. It'll come if people keep up this mindset

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
Why would virgin care, unless a court tells them to care
Because the majority of boxes in use in the UK, let's be fair here are being used to access VM and Sky's subscription based content - those using Kodi to watch live TV. Eventually something will give.

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I was told about it but am wary of VM/HMG's policy on it.
Right now, single server streaming isn't a priority for anyone. It's still a game of P2P sharing.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 27-01-2017 at 22:14.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote