View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:30   #376
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
So i just dump the iso unpacked files on a bootable flash drive and boot with that and it will ask me if i want to clean install or keep my files?
No. You can't boot off the USB drive just by dumping the files on it. You need to use the bootable USB creator - Microsoft provide one.

If you want to keep your files it's better to start the installer from within Windows and not boot off a separate device. The latter used to not allow upgrades at all.

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Could I use my external hard drive, with over 800GB of free space on to install 10 onto?
Depends on how the drive is connected. Most USB drives would need a bit of tinkering to get Windows on it, eSATA et. al. would just work out of the box.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote