View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 21:50   #7
chocky909
Inactive

Services: Virgin XL Broadband BT Phone Sky+ TV Primark Undies
chocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of lightchocky909 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Thinking of moving to SKY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae
I'm not sure what you mean.

If you have two boxes then you are getting a reduction on the subscription for the second box therefore Sky insist on having it connected to the phone line so they can check that it is at the right address. If they didn't do this then you could simply give the second box to someone else.
Doesn't matter, must have wires crossed. I still don't know whether you mean give it to someone (ie next door neighbour) while is still connected to your satellite (basically subscription sharing or 'multihouse') or you just mean someone using your box elsewhere. Although why you'd let someone use your second box while paying £10 a month for multiroom, I don't understand. Also I assumed that the box was your property after the 12 month subscription was over. So why must it be connected all the time?

Very confused about the whole 2 box thing - especially as I want SKY+ in both rooms. HAS ANYONE OUT THERE GOT MULTIROOM WITH 2 SKY+ BOXES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc
My main problem with DS is the amount of - well - something else that rhymes with civil really. Plus the admins are over-zealous and there's no real rapport with the members.

Amstrad boxes... we have one. Records when it feels like (the record light is arguably an ornamental feature), crashes when it loads planner with a message "for your information, please wait" ad infinitum - i left it for half an hour once. Plus your recordings are plagued by video and audio breakups
even though every time I check it both transponder units are getting a full-ish signal strength/quality. The noisy fan is guaranteed to kick in at a quiet time :S
The Thomson boxes are better (but noisy) and the Pace ones are the tops but the Amstrad ones are cheapest. We've had 2 Amstrad boxes and 2 dish/receiver units fitted and the same problems...

HTH
Oh, well. I won't get the digitalspy logo tatoo'd on my **** just yet...

From what I hear, you can't really affect which boxes you receive? So I'm guessing the Pace are the best. Also heard that different models have different size hard drives in them too.

Anyone know what the deal is with SKY+ models and which one I'm likely to get?
chocky909 is offline   Reply With Quote