Thread: Superhub SH3 Wi-Fi Range
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2017, 22:40   #9
Aye Up
Barking up the wrong tree

Services: VM Gig1
Aye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enoughAye Up will become famous soon enough
Re: SH3 Wi-Fi Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonlight View Post
To go off the point a little butt VM modems aren't known for their WI-FI qualities (range) just to put that out there.... but if you are going to move to VM200, you would get best out of wired network (speed) rather than a wireless one. With using connections with a Ethernet cable + network switch & some plugs + sockets around the places you need.... you'll have little issues + very simple to set up. With wireless you'll have more than you can shake a stick at (issues/problems), if you want a good as secure connection. Note the word "secure connection" as wireless isn't, I think I don't need to provide any examples why I hope..........

It's your own choice plus your own health issues with regards to (exposer) wireless routers with consideration their long term effects on the human body (DNA) just as with smart meters You don't use them

Any issues don't hesitate on ask - I don't bite
What a load of bollocks!

Are you a member of the tin hat brigade?

For a start its long recognised that SH2/AC are good routers, fixed many of the flaws in SH1. SH3 granted it had its quirks and that not so convenient issue with the chipset causing erratic pings. The wifi on the other hand is a lot stronger and meets a high spec of AC wireless standards......so its wifi is better than the last.

Then you talk about Wifi connections not being secure, name a situation or incident where an average joe has managed to hack a WPA(2)-PSK secured connection? There is no known hack to joe bloggs, we all know WEP is incredibly insecure, yet SH2 and SH3 ship with WPA enabled by default. Again you talk a load of bollocks.

and then the crap about health.......FFS only ionising radiation can alter the cells in the body. Non ionising radiation which routers, mobiles, telephones et al emit is harmless and there has been no credible study to suggest otherwise.

Buddy you'd be better off giving advice to your mates in that nuclear bunker you built, because what you've given here is nonsense.
Aye Up is offline   Reply With Quote