View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 20:28   #6
downquark1
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FFTC
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
downquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appealdownquark1 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Freeview and Aerial Distribution Amplifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiNasty View Post
Surely all that distribution box is doing is to feed the aerial UHF signal through several ports?

I can't see any reason for it NOT to work. The digital stuff comes later, after the signal hits the freeview box.
ok, I was wondering if the amplification (presumably designed before digital) some how disrupted the signal or excluded certain frequency ranges.

I had noticed our DVB TV doesn't work (but we have sky so it's not bothered us) and a friend has just rented a house with one and theirs don't work, but they don't have any other digital serves and are concerned about the switch off.

Of course 2 is not enough to say they do cause a problem, hence why I'm asking.

Changed ours, routing the arial directly through the sky box and then through to the TV. Still don't get a signal, so it must be weak in this area.