View Single Post
Old 19-10-2007, 23:12   #15
dragon
Inactive

dragon has reached the bronze age
dragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze agedragon has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin VoD vs. Sky Anytime - Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabbi View Post
Would that be you saying the VM Subscriber, which must be me, is starting a ruck?

I didnt amake this for that reason at all!

All Im simply stating is that for all the complaining that people do about Virgin's VoD service, the biggest supplier of TV, being Sky, doesnt supply something that can even be close to what we would call VoD.

I soon have the intention of making a comparison between VM and BT Vision's offering too.

Although I may have been a little harsh on Sky's Sky+ service, Mr. Fisher below got it spot on by saying its "in the early days of HD, no matter who you are with" and its to my belief that Virgin decided to skip the PVR and go straight for a PVR/HD box.

Sure, Sky is gonna have its problems with the HD service, and that can be compared to the currentl problems that Virgin has with the V+ service. On paper, though, you have to say that Virgin should win that war too, even if once you try out both, the problems can be seen.

I cant believe, also that Sky will only allow you to record 40 Hours of programs if Anytime is used. Not really putting the customer in control.

On the other hand, the PC and Mobile offerings are very good, if its what I think it would be like, but I cant see it all being free or cheap, and then you have your GPRS charges and so forth.

The main focus was, though, on content, which shows Virgin lead the race.

Its quite obvious Sky have their bonus points, but instead of constant bombardment of Cable, let us have a little sunshine?
Vm's offering seems to have more content than BTvision (well it seemed that way there was more on virgins that interested me anyway)

also virgins is free for catchup tv where as BT's isn't you have to either subscribe or pay per episode.

I have BTvision in the bedroom and i've not actually watched the VOD on it yet, I had a browse though and there was nothing i wanted to watch on there, The PVR side of it is quite good though.

Parents have VM cable and i've used their vod a couple of times I was hoping to catch Reddwarf series2 on my vision since i watched series1 on their VM vod but vision only had series1 last time i checked
dragon is offline   Reply With Quote