View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 00:50   #73
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: UK Exit of EU (Brexit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
He's an MP and gets a vote like the rest of us. He only has to be impartial when being speaker; he spoke for the majority of MPs and public about the Trumpster so fair enough. I suspect he'll stay in the job.
He should have kept his trap shut. I never said he was not entitled to a vote and no he did not speak for the majority of MPs at all, he spoke up for some of the Labour Party and stupid as stupid does, the SNP, you miss the point entirely as usual.

(From same article in my post above):

Quote:
Parliamentary rules state: “The Speaker is the chief officer and highest authority of the House of Commons and must remain politically impartial at all times … therefore, on election the new Speaker must resign from their political party and remain separate from political issues even in retirement.”