Thread: UK Timeline Dr. Who Season 7 (Made in 1970)
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2022, 11:42   #11
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Dr. Who Season 7 (Made in 1970)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Season 1 of Space 1999 did reasonably well, and was good.

Season 2 was dreadful. (That thing from the other day was part of Season 2).

---------- Post added at 01:30 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

I have all the Doctor Who Seasons on my PC, and watch them now and then, Jon Pertwee was my favourite from the 70's (with Jo Grant).
Some of the old Dr Who episodes were excellent, and I think some of them probably worked better because of the limitations of the resources available.

I think the acting in a lot of them was way over the top, but that likely comes from the actors being Theatre actors..

I think Space 1999 had a major problem. It was trying to compete with the American shows, which meant relatively high budgets. The problem comes because high budgets demand high viewing figures, which something that was likely considered a kids programme would not have gotten. Space 1999 season 1 didn't get the viewing figures, which resulted in massively reduced budgets for season 2.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote