Thread: UK Timeline My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2011, 00:17   #13
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Not enough government sanctioned sites? *If* they followed procedure and tried to work within the system (by applying for planning permission and paying taxes for instance), I don't think they'd have any problem. In fact the system would probably protect them.

We had a problem with travelers a few years back. They parked up in my local station car park, and would frequently abuse not only the commuters who wished to use the car park to park in, but the commuters who had the temerity to walk past it (as they had to to use the station).

Now, I have to admit, I don't think even if the travelers became legit then people would suddenly accept them, but the system would protect them if they became legit.

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:25 ----------

Based upon things I have heard both in the programme, and from other sources, I suspect that filming will have to stop fairly quickly if any member of the crew had asked anything about the taxes paid or income.
I suspect that on the occasions they have tried to work within the system that the objections from the rest of the community have prevented them from getting planning permission.

As to discussion of income..whom is pleased to discuss such matters with any Tom,Dick or Harry on camera in any community except in the widest and non specific sense.