View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 22:49   #1297
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
Further to yesterday's news, I have now been given data from the scans. Talking Pictures TV is indeed in the Service Description Table, Service ID 801 on transport stream 8. It is in the Network Information Table for the following networks, used by VM for testing: NGRHEE Knowsley, NGRHEE Bromley, TTA Bromley DMC (Bromley RHE), TTA Knowsley DMC (Hayes_RHE), Code Download Test (Portsmouth). However, encrypted video and audio streams were present on transport stream 8 on customer facing networks, indicating that the channel could launch fairly quickly. Beware though, that's exactly the situation we saw with Viceland, which was subsequently removed. A search of the EIT data showed that it carried generic EPG details for the channel at the time of the scan (just the channel name rather than actual programme details).

The Hidden BT Sport HD channel remained in the Network Information Table and in the SDT but the actual video and audio streams have been removed.

Various "Pack Tier" (Mix Pack, XL Pack etc) services moved from Transport Stream 1 to regional Transport Stream 104. This will be, I would think, of little interest to most readers of this thread, so I won't go into detail. The transfer possibly gives more local control of each tier? Maybe to handle access to local tv channels where a VM region overlaps several local TV areas? It looks as if TS104 is being prepared for the transfer of several other similar services.
Talking Pictures, praise the Lord, I'm a believer