Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2016, 21:40   #199
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Boxing/MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
He won't let them out of their back yard. Golovkin and team wanted a Vegas fight, that's irrelevant though, the actual point is, Brook and others aren't getting any sort of proper experience. Brook was hopelessly mismatched despite the commentators efforts of screaming he's hurt him every time Brook landed a shot which was pretty embarrassing commentary from a usually good team, if they'd watched Golovkin before they'd know he's taken far worse than that and just walked through it, that's exactly what he did this time.

Brook's downfall was failing to use Amir's game against Canelo and do better at it. Khan was landing for fun and had Canelo looking like an amateur before getting his counter to the chin. Brook has a stronger chin and whilst not as quick as Khan, he isn't slow at all.

What actually happened is Brook went and stood toe to toe in exchanges with Golovkin, a suicidal move, if that was a gameplan from the offset by trainer and Brook alike then it was a shambles, a horrible idea. He was absolutely smashed to pieces despite landing his own punches, it was a battle he was never going to come out on top of, in doing so he got his eye socket destroyed and was rocked everytime Golovkin detonated. Fans can boo the stoppage and Golovkin but I have absolutely no doubt it would've ended far worse than that if they hadn't, there was no scenario where Brook was still on his feet after the sixth round, if he even made it out of that fifth. I'm fairly confident in saying had the towel not being thrown in, Golovkin would have really ended him, by that I mean Career wise. It was almost like Eubank a few months ago.

The only real positive I can see is there's not many Welterweights that could put him on the floor, Manny, Maidana and a select few, not many. Problem is, he's all too happy to call out names, but he's never too keen to get on the plane.

Brook vs ??
Khan vs Garcia, January I reckon.
Joshua vs ???

They don't know with Joshua, Hearn is trying his best to move away from a mandatory fight because he won't really allow Joshua to fight Haye yet, or anytime soon if he had the sense. Another win for Haye shoots him nearer to the top of a pretty awful ladder. Keeping Joshua away from a Mandatory will ensure he is forced to fight or vacate the title the fight after, by which time Haye might be bored and start chasing that drug cheat, Ortiz. Remains to be seen whether Fury is stripped of his titles and handed a ban along with Klitschko.
Good points. If Kell moves up in weight I can see him facing someone like Austin Trout. A name most UK boxing fans will know who's on the slide. Never been stopped with his 3 defeats coming from Lara, Canelo and Charlo. His win against Cotto from a few years back should be enough to sell his as a viable opponent. Cheap to get him to the UK to.

As for Joshua he's out again in November. Joseph Parker has a fight coming up in a few weeks so can't see that happening soon. I would not be surprised to see AJ in with Kubrat Pulev who's ranked #2 with the IBF. Well known to boxing fans who watch the German shows. Only 1 KO win in the past 4 years and that was less than a year ago against a total journeyman. Current European champion with a win over Chisora. I'd say he's a step up for AJ but not a massive risk. Easy for Eddie and SKY to hype up.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote