Thread: Catch up
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2017, 20:52   #49
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
Thanks for taking the trouble spiderplant.
For the best Catch Up experience will we be better going for the V6 box when my contract ends in September?
Error 319 will affect both V6 and TiVo equally, because it's a fault at the headend. C501 is a bit less predictable, but it's a rare fault anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
I am not sure if it causes a problem but my TV and Tivo is downstairs in the front room, my PC and Super Hub are upsatirs in a back room.
It is a 4 bed detached and both units are adjacent to the same outside wall.
Happy Easter Egg Hunting All.
Hard to predict how well a V6 would work for you on Wi-Fi. You might need Powerlines, or to have the SuperHub relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
Just wondered spiderplant, is this a fairly recent change then?

I seem to recall a while back, that the menu listings for OD were fed regionally while the "search" options came nationally - and that often resulted in the same issue if I remember.

Or maybe that was V+ not Tivo.
Error 319 was "introduced" by the software update last autumn. Previously the listings came from your local servers as well as the programmes, so if a programme was missing you wouldn't be able to try to play it. Now the listings are centralised and things can get listed before they have been uploaded to each of the regions.

It doesn't mean more content is missing, but previously you'd usually be oblivious.

The long term plan is to hold the content centrally, which will make the problem go away completely.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote