Thread: General Virgin Media TV pricing
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 11:41   #6
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media TV pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
The greed lies with VM with their inflation busting price rises once or more each year. If you're proactive enough to ring up, query it and get a discount then good on you. It's being sensible, not greedy.
I am not criticising customers who jump on this bandwagon to save money, but everyone needs to understand that VM is a commercial company. It needs to both cover its costs and make money for its shareholders, as well as invest for the future.

Giving discounts is all very well, but the cost of those discounts is met by putting up prices for others. I don't think people are actually making that connection.

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknewark View Post
I agree, if you don't ask you don't get. But you have to be prepared to walk away!.

On my last contract renewal, I didn't even have to speak to anyone, I called retentions, and an automated message advised me I could renew my contract and keep my current discounts. Happy.

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Nothing wrong with challenging price increases, I do with quite a few of my suppliers, I always want the best price I can get. I don't think I am greedy, but I am careful on my household spend. I have to be.
Of course you are, but when you get your council tax bill, you don't expect to be able to haggle about how much you are going to pay, do you?

As I said in my last post, it is the suppliers who are responsible for the present arrangements and I think it is an inherently unfair arrangement, always leaving the most vulnerable to pay more.

What kind of society are we becoming? Not a particularly caring one, it seems. More like everyone for themselves.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote