Old 09-11-2017, 10:30   #3
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgin Media TV pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 View Post
I had been a 3 service customer with Virgin Media for 7 years. Every year around price rise time i would ring and negotiate a deal. Basically keeping my prices roughly the same, however this year Virgin refused.

I had lost my loyalty discount and my bill had gone from about £55 a month to £75 i thought that was a bit much so tried to negotiate. They offered me the package for £71 and kept telling me i had a lot of discounts in the past and that is all they could do. So i told them to take off the phone and TV and after 30 day and no calls from retentions they did this and i returned the boxes keeping only the broadband.

I have now released how little i watched the premium TV offering but Virgin are calling me, e-mailing me and giving me offers on my account to try and entice me back.

This has somewhat angered me.

After the 30 days notice was up and my tv and phone services were terminated i had to ring VM to get a price for my broadband. They could not give me that until my other services ended. At that point i still had the boxes and spoke to both new connections who told me i was not a new customer (fair enough) but also the customer experience team who confirmed i was not an existing customer (even though i had the BB still). At that point i would have been happy to keep the services if they had made a sensible offer. What i had was being offered to new customers for £51 and they wanted me to pay £71 and i would have met in the middle however they stood firm so just went internet only

This happened 2 weeks ago and since then i have been offered what i had for the new customer rate of £51 as well as several other really good deals.

I guess what i am asking is have VM changed the way they give loyalty discount and if so why? It is a risky practice by VM choosing to not value the exisiting customers in any way and just letting them leave to then try and win them back when many like me will have gone elsewhere.
With all due respect if you can't or don't want to pay the asking price for the services you get, why do you expect to keep getting discounts?

I'm with OLD BOY in that we should all be paying the same for the same packages unless there is some kind of fault which results in a refund.

Last edited by Mythica; 09-11-2017 at 10:59.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote