View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 11:14   #1912
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: The Chronicles of Rishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Labour has won the West Midlands Mayorality.

Andy Street has been all accounts a good Mayor and he has brought it really close despite the national picture being really against him.

I don't think the Tories know how much trouble they are in. I know they have to put a good face on results but last night they were almost jubilant about keeping Tees Valley, the projected vote share they didn't understand, and the baseless rumour London was close. They seem to believe their own spin.

Street must be so angry about HS2. That was easily the difference, he was against it and Sunak dropped 10 years' worth of investment in the hope of a small poll bounce they didn't get.
I feel sorry for Andy Street - a talented individual who did his best for the West Midlands and leaves his successor a good legacy. The same praise cannot be bestowed on Tees Mayor Ben Houchen who actually retains his job.

I think you're right - the Conservatives seem to spend a lot of their time in an echo chamber. Interviewing one another at GB News does not give them exposure to the views of the majority of the population. A population exposed to cash-strapped councils, an NHS with long waiting lists and an economy under-performing its peers.