View Single Post
Old 22-03-2017, 21:32   #44
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Terrorist Attack Near Parliament, London

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
I realise I'm probably going to get flack for this, but after watching the sobering events I found myself asking myself 'Just how do we deal with the terrorist issue?'

Military intervention isn't working

The intelligence services can only do so much as has just been shown by todays events. One day credible intelligence reports regarding laptops etc. The next the painful scenes from today.

It seems to be an unwinnable scenario with innocent people on both sides being killed, maimed or injured.

I honestly don't know
I don't think you can do something to 'solve' it. Only do things to try and reduce it and in fairness we seem to be doing that quite well. In the end what can anyone reasonably do against one man in a car with a knife? Not much. But then we can't do much about someone who wakes up to murder without terrorist intent either.

We let terrorism have an undue influence on us I think. Obviously, we need to continue to guard against it and it's not a normal crime but we can't revamp the entire way we live to address this specific threat. Statistically it's a minor cause of the death in the UK.

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
I know it was a tad cryptic sorry.

Full face and upper torso picture of an officer in irregular garb holding a specific type of carbine rifle not generally issued to nor procured by any of the Home Office forces. You've therefore a choice of Marines, MOD plod, SAS or SBS. Take yer pick.

Not unusual they're there but not difficult to spot by the trained eye thus you wouldn't want to be publishing such photos on a national media site.
Oh! Got ya. Cheers.
Damien is online now   Reply With Quote