View Single Post
Old 22-03-2017, 20:49   #36
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: Terrorist Attack Near Parliament, London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
AFAIK Police are trained to aim at the body mass. They don't decide whether to kill or wound; they shoot in order to stop a lethal threat to themselves and/or the public. Putting three bullets into someone will stop them. At that point the job's done. Whether they then live or die is, frankly, a secondary issue.
Is quite correct, all the armed officers I ever spoke to laughed at shoot to kill/wound. It's react to the threat and stop it.

I realise I'm probably going to get flack for this, but after watching the sobering events I found myself asking myself 'Just how do we deal with the terrorist issue?'

Military intervention isn't working

The intelligence services can only do so much as has just been shown by todays events. One day credible intelligence reports regarding laptops etc. The next the painful scenes from today.

It seems to be an unwinnable scenario with innocent people on both sides being killed, maimed or injured.

I honestly don't know