Thread: General Virgin TV (2024)
View Single Post
Old 22-01-2024, 18:58   #68
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin TV (2024)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Still don't understand, why if your route of choice is streaming, why would they offer a recording choice. However I look at it it seems pointless.
I was once on the testing for Vodafones TV box that ultimately never lauched. It used an aerial for the main channels and WiFi for the pr3mium channels but with the ability to record programmes that were stored remotely on servers in Germany. BBC and ITV couldn't record but their catch up apps were available. It worked well and meant you could str3am recordings when not at home. This was around 2015. It worked well but a decision was taken mere weeks before launch to cancel it.

I still like to have DVR facilities on my Q or Virgin boxes to keep some films and shows. You never know when the streaming services will remove them. But with all the options available now +1 channels do seem rather redundant.