View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 23:08   #20
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: Virgin VoD vs. Sky Anytime - Content

I think that Sky Anytime is pretty pointless really. Since it only downloads programmes of channels that you are subscribed to. I would think that the user would rather hand pick which programmes they want off their subscribed channels than waste hard disk space on what Sky want to put on. Virgins on demand service is very good, the catch up tv is good, especially if you don't have a V+ box but if you do have a V+ box then its not as useful as you can just choose what you want to record so that you don't miss it. Top Up TV Anytime is better than Sky Anytime because you can't watch a programme when it is on because of the bandwidth shortage on freeview. The problem again is that this eats up all the disk space that you might want for your own personal recordings. All 3 services have there pros and cons which most services do. But with the PVR's I think that providers should give options for different sized hard disks especially with HD content coming out or enable the USB Ports on the boxes so that external hard drives can be hooked up.
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote