View Single Post
Old 27-08-2017, 20:07   #20
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor 26th August

McGregor landed more shots on Floyd than Manny did. His gameplan just didn't work.

Everything about this match was set up in Floyd's favour, nothing was left to chance really. McGregor had the punchers chance but the gamble didn't pay off, that's all there is to it.

Mayweather won't compete in MMA, it's just not doable. So if a rematch is a must, let's compromise a bit. Both fighters use MMA 4-5oz open fisted gloves under a boxing ruleset. Then watch how differently the fight unfolds, I absolutely guarantee Floyd gets cut inside the first round and he gets put away by the third. McGregor strikes against open fisted glove guards, that's his sport, that's his experience. He was at a massive disadvantage instantly trying to pop shots around Mayweathers guard which just happens to be the best in the business on top of wrapped foamed gloves.

That won't happen ofc for several reasons. Mayweather never takes a fight with a fair chance he'd lose and his hands just won't hold up in those smaller open fisted gloves. So I can't exactly say he'd dodge that fight, he literally has a publicly known reason he couldn't fight with those gloves. He gets specially made gloves because of the issues. Floyd could still land with those open fisted gloves but there's a huge chance he'd break or shatter a bone.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 27-08-2017 at 20:15.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote