View Single Post
Old 21-12-2015, 20:58   #32
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig
Re: Are charities a business?

you should add "are some businesses"

having run a charity that cost me money i can certainly say it wasn't though every one who we wanted grants off ( excluding children in need and comic relief ) wanted us to run more as a business, where as we were more concerned that the kids had a good time and safe place to learn and play.

what i would say is if you think a charity is making money for the people running it look at their accounts they are available if they are a charity

i saw a lot complaining about children in need and their reserves personally i would say they need bigger reserves than they currently have after a quick run through their accounts.

its easy to criticise but most of the people who do the hard work for charities do so at their own expense or for very little rumination.

if you can do better have a go and volunteer as someone who ran one for nearly ten years it is well worth it ( as long as the wife doesn't find how much you spent on it any way lol )
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote