View Single Post
Old 30-03-2017, 12:29   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Separate wireless network for my guests

Thanks Pip. Yes, we are on ADSL. We have an EO line to a rural exchange that doesn't yet have a date for taking Infinity orders, so we are expecting to be stuck with ADSL for at least a couple more years.

I'm reluctant to ditch the HH6 because I only got it a few weeks ago. They were giving them away in return for an 18 month contract tie in (no skin off my nose as I can't get my internets anywhere else) and I wanted to ditch the HH4 which I had never really liked (tendency to drop wireless connections). I have been generally happy with the HH6; it immediately delivered a faster, more stable connnection to my exchange (I get about 0.25 to 0.5 more Mbs now) vastly improved range and solid wireless connections indoors and for a surprising distance outside as well. The only problem I have had with it was when I tried to assign static IPs to a couple of my primary devices. Pretty soon it was dropping and refusing connections all over the place. It took a hard reset to get it working again.

I will ditch the Hub if I have to though.

What would you say are the major risks in attaching another router to one of the Ethernet LAN ports on the HH6?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote