View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 10:48   #9
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads
Re: Speed drop for full house bundle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgerp View Post
I just checked my area using the online tool (without having signed in) and Vivid 300 is now available. (It wasn't a couple of months ago). There is no mention of this in the Upgrades section of my online account, so I called Customer Service. They confirmed that Vivid 300 is available and that it would bring my bill from £87 to £95 per month. I have the Full House (VIP) bundle and the Sky Cinema Collection as well. It's just Sky Sports that I don't have. I am undecided as to whether the £8 increase from 200to 300 is worth it. The geek in me says yes but is there really that much of a difference that I'd notice?
Depends how often you download very large files I suppose. The difference between them for say a 30GB game is roughly 25mins vs 15mins. If that's something you do very often or there are multiple people in the house downloading large files at the same time you might find it worth it, if it's something you only do rarely then probably not.

Downloading smaller files of 1GB for example it's only the difference between 30 seconds and 45 seconds.

This is assuming the devices (and sources you are downloading from) being used to download can actually reach the max speeds. When i used to game on PC i'd have no problem maxing out my connection but now that I download via PS4 I don't think it would actually reach 300mb/s anyway. Same goes for our phones and tablets.

It won't make any difference to streaming things like netflix, amazon prime etc. They will stream exactly the same whether you have 50mb or 300mb.

Personally I wouldn't bother but i get that for some people the extra money doesn't matter, if I earned enough that I never had to budget for anything i'd pay for whatever the highest speed is whether i needed it or not.

Edit - I didn't consider upload speed, BenMcr makes a good point if that's something that matters to you.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote