View Single Post
Old 17-08-2017, 09:44   #2646
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
That was me! I was frankly disappointed in the responses from some on here, including the very erudite 'NO' from one member. I thought it was an interesting intellectual exercise that clearly passed some by. I was a firm remainer and still think this is a bad decision (before we go on, I accept the result and would like to make us leaving as painless as possible) However, I could easily name three things that could be improved within the EU.

This is not a black and white issue as I have said before - very few things are.
I agree with with all you have said with the addendum that Leaving must be driven by the pragmatic needs of the country and not the religious dogma of the extremists.

The issue that a lot of people have is when a complex issue is re-painted as you say, black and white, it leads to wrong decisions.

Caricaturing the EU as the root of all evil is childish but it does play to a particular audience and some are gullible enough to believe the message.