Thread: General Olympics - Brazil 2016
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 21:05   #26
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Olympics - Brazil 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
From a small seed a flower may bloom.

But on a more general note, where are the crowds? Some arenas look almost empty. I know some tickets are expensive but there are also supposed to be cheaper ones available. The cycling for example is free to watch out on the road but I've seen bigger crowds at local fun runs.

Perhaps people are fed up with the cheats? Perhaps people are boycotting the Games which they may feel to be something their country can't afford or that money could be better spent elsewhere.

Whatever, Rio looked quite bleak today with pouring rain and high winds. Yes, it's winter but that wouldn't stop hardy Brits getting out to support the Games.

I dunno; the gloss seems to be missing or maybe the real Games have yet to kick off? The highlight so far has been Usain Bolt doing the samba with a bevy of Brazillian, erm, dancers.
Besides Foreigners, the answer probably lies within that highlighted bit.

I'm betting the Olympics are not affordable to the majority.

See: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-olympic-games
http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...brazil/493697/

Doubt they're happy they're knocking down 'Houses' to accommodate something those people could never afford in the end. Pretty sad outcome either way. In fact it's a disgusting outcome and completely missed the point of why she was living in a 'shed'. Again though with the highlighted bit, there will always be an argument that money could have been spent easing some of the harshest slums in the world that are inside Brazil. They had the audacity to promote 'Green' with the opening ceremony too. Try tackling the corruptness and poverty in your own backyard first. Hosting A World Cup that set them back funds too. Just taking a crap over the lower class. Which is different by our standards. It's not impossible for a lower class person in the UK to be able to buy a ticket for something, infact JSA claimants tend to see more Football than me! It's a reverse though for Brazil.

I think London smashed it, that's why I feel it's a bit low key at the minute. I've seen no general excitement for Brazil as hosts and the fact they're forever messing something up, being delayed or causing national outrage somewhere never helped it. Half of the venues still had scaffolding on it a week beforehand.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 10-08-2016 at 21:14.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote