View Single Post
Old 24-04-2009, 22:58   #225
-Gun-
Inactive

-Gun- is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Pathetic

Oh a thread where I can vent my anger over an incompetent, disorganised and overall poorly run organisation. Sorry the word 'organisation' implies that there is some sort of organised activity at virgin media so I retract that!

For a week we have had periods where the cable TV has no picture or sound at the same time as the broadband connection not working, not just this house but several houses in the street!

Try as you might, it is impossible to get the script following monkey on the end of the phone to understand that there is a problem in the area and it is not the modem or the digital box but a fault elsewhere. Ring 151 and get a recorded message about engineering works in an area 20 or 30 miles away which has no effect on the area I'm in.

Ring 150 and eventually get to talk to someone with a poor accent, poor headset connection that crackles or worse both a poor accent and poor headset, just to be put through to faults which just happens to be the recorded message about that engineering work 20 or 30 miles away!

Eventually managed to arrange for an engineer to call and took time off work to ensure I was in, only to be left a message that there was in fact a fault in the area (Really!!!) and it had been fixed so the engineer that was to call round had been cancelled.

I check the TV and Broadband - It had not been fixed! It was still knackered, so now at boiling point a call to 150 to shout and scream until a supervisor after (supposedly) calling another department says that the engineer cannot be recalled but she would call me back this evening with a definite answer - 5 hours later still no call - what a shock! Virginmedia employ liars too! It was also very apparent that each department is using a different system as during one call I was told 3 versions of 'there is no reported problem, there is a problem and the problem has been fixed - and not even in that order. If you can't communicate within virgin media how the hell are you supposed to communicate with your customers?

But not to worry - my neighbours were also attacking the so called 'help' desks and eventually the services were restored. How long they remain is anybody's guess!

All this could have been resolved with the first call 5 days ago if only the trained monkeys at the help desk were able to think outside of the box and actually listen to what was being said.

Customer service is a joke! Why have 2 numbers when only one actually gets you anywhere. Why have separate help desks for TV, TV plus, broadband and telephone? They all have similar scripts, turn it off, turn it on, ping the modem, send a signal etc it's not rocket science!
-Gun- is offline   Reply With Quote