View Single Post
Old 18-08-2017, 18:04   #70
rogerdraig
cf.mega poster

rogerdraig has reached the bronze age
rogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze agerogerdraig has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerdraig
Re: The Welsh language

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
1 it helps greatly with tourism and as a link to the culture of Wales

2 I dont know which children come out not speaking welsh as a father of two who have gone through welsh language schools i can say that every child i met was able to speak it as a First language and also speak english as a first language. The ones from the south mostly can do so with out you being able to tell they speak welsh when speaking english and vice versa.

3 Now this is where some of the activists are at fault ( IMHO ) the stations need to embrace the bi lingual ability of the new young speakers this is also something the eisteddfods should do too.

4 Yep that works for Latin .

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Despite the fact that we now live in a country where everyone gets offended by everything, Ive never heard of this one.

I have heard of Welsh people speaking English, until some English people appear, then they switch to speaking Welsh.

Of course, that may not be true either.
It is though mostly its the north walians they get a shock when my kids are up there as we speak English ( i still cant get to grips with welsh lol ) the shop keepers talk in welsh then one of my two adds to a conversation just before we leave . It can be quite funny if they have been talking about us lol
rogerdraig is offline   Reply With Quote