View Single Post
Old 15-04-2017, 12:37   #30
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road
Re: Retentions Deals - Text from Customer Relations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
That's Winback which is a "different kettle of fish", Retention offers are cut first then Winback follows. Usually.

Retention (cancellations) and Downgrades have changed to 18m contracts recently with all discounts and I'd expect Winback to go the same way soon.

Where Sky goes the competition usually follows eventually so if Sky reduces the discounts then the competitors usually cut their's too.
Sky are the only one out of the big three (BT and Virgin, too) who regularly advertise at full price.
So long as they do decent deals then I don't suppose anyone mibds being tied in (particularly as we know they will put their prices up at least once, possibly twice, per year on current form which presents the right to cancel anyway).

The offer was 60% off from the moment I put in my Sky cancellation (it appeared on the Sky box and online). As for me it is an extra box I let the cancellation go through and a day or so later went online - so it appears to pay to wait . My deal is also with no contract so I can leave (or at least cancel again to renegotiate!) when the credit runs out.
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote