View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 16:58   #4887
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets: 8.5/10

The best way to describe this is a sci-fi spectacle and work of art. Rather than having a major story line and a serious bad guy to go after and everything revolves around it, this film deals with it a bit differently and sets up and the major story line and bad guy and shows you the adventures the two good guys have in trying to solve the mystery.

Visually it is absolutely beautiful and if you get the chance to see it in 3D you should. To start off with I thought it was a bit messy and cheesy because I thought they were going a bit OTT with the sci-fi-ness of it all. It was as if they tried to take every quirky idea ever made and put it all into one film. As the film progressed I started to appreciate it for what it was and it is very much a work of art and beautiful and true sci-fi movie. The second thing I want to mention is the acting. The relationship and sexual tension between Valerian and Laureline is great and they got it just right.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote