View Single Post
Old 25-03-2015, 13:26   #308
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Should be installing Windows 10 again tomorrow night (I won't tonight as I am busy).

I did have it installed to a VHD and had the VHD available as a boot option on the menu, but I'd been having trouble booting to this.

So, I tried to install Windows 10 to an actual partition. I have an SSD and a couple of HDDs in my PC. The SSD doesn't really have enough space to install Windows 8 and Windows 10 on, so I was going to install it to a new partition on one of the HDDs. It wouldn't install as none of my HDDs are apparently GPT partitioned, and they all have data on I cannot lose.

Ended up backing up one on to an external HDD, repartitioned it then copied the stuff I actually needed on that drive back to it, On the plus side, it freed a lot of space.

Haven't tried to install Windows 10 yet, but I plan to tomorrow.

Why am I not trying it on a VM? I have, and have been impressed. I want to see how it performs on a physical machine now, with drivers and everything to contend with.
I don't think you'll be disappointed!
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote