View Single Post
Old 15-01-2011, 12:39   #18
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future
Re: Virgin Mobile Credit checks issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by huxleypiguk View Post
Just as an addition to this, I ordered a phone and they ran a credit check and it failed. For info I have a 500+ credit rating with Equifax, however they cancelled my order and didn't inform me. Result: someone waiting in all day for a phone which never arrived.

An e-mail is currently sitting in Neil Burketts inbox. I await a reply with interest.
Did they give you a delivery date before running a credit check, that dosen't make sense does it?

In my experience most companies confirm delivery details once the order has been fully processed, ie you have met the criteria but obviously not with VM Mobile.

On a sidenote the rating you refer to is a bit of a red herring, a marketing tool if you like to flog their paid for credit file services. It is merely an indication of how healthy Equifax consider your file to be but it is the credit provider that makes a decision based on a number of factors. Equifax merely provide them with details of the information they hold. As far as I am aware there isn't really such a thing as a numeric credit rating, certainly not an external one anyway. Organisations like Banks often have internal ratings for customers though, I know for a fact Lloyds TSB do.

I hope you get the problem sorted out.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote