View Single Post
Old 19-10-2017, 20:02   #2291
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I did not offer an opinion.I thought it was up to you to read it and form your own AFTER you read it. Also what OTHER bad things did he do?
You want me to form an opinion on your link but you don't offer one yourself ?

As to other bad policies / poor things he did

Let's see....
  • Obama’s initial poor response to assess the threat posed by the Islamic State, to date, this remains baffling and hints at naivete about jihadist's powerful appeal.
  • In Syria, America’s back seat approach, under his leadership to the civil war, helped trigger a massive refugee crisis with such far-reaching fallout, it appears to be now shaping European politics. Actually, there is no 'appearing' to be, just look at Germany's recent election, a far right party, back in the German Parliament since the Second World War and just this last week, Austria, with right wing parties, totally against immigration, elected to power.
  • Under Obama's watch, China continued to expand its presence, in the South Chinese Sea, without a meaningful U.S. response.
  • Like Presidents before him, the lack of a firm, U.S Response to the North Korea threat. Under Obama's watch, Kimmy boy or "Rocket man", was gaining the ability to build Nuclear weapons, with various tests carried out, sure sanctions were levied, but as usual, proved pointless, nor curbed Kim's appetite to build a Nuclear weapon.
  • Obama’s handling of Russia deserves no applause. The reset of relations made sense, though the bit of plastic and button, that Hillary came with did not, the White House appears to have been asleep at the wheel, when it came to the Russian President Vladimir Putin’s decision to annex Crimea.
  • Still on the subject of Russia, Obama was informed of the Russian attempts to interfere in the U.S Elections in 2016, months before November 8th and he did sweet FA about it.

To conclude, Obama’s foreign policy record was mostly one of complete failure. Sure the Iran deal, may hold some water, if it holds out. (Which I personally, don't think it will).

The outcome in Iraq and Afghanistan may not be wholly, his fault, given that these wars were failures, before he even took office, but some of his lack of judgement and poor decision making, by him and his advisors, following on from when he did take office, compounded the mistakes he inherited.