View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 16:52   #47
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: What is hitting football viewing figures the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
The Premiership is vacuous crap. Foreign players, foreign managers, supporters that don't go to games or have any connection to the cities they 'support'. People have seen through it. Back to basics , go and see your local non league team ( ultra ultra HD, assuming you're wearing your specs), sod the telly and subscriptions.
Vacuous generalisation!

For my sins my family come from SW London and I was born within a few miles from Stamford Bridge, I am the fourth generation of our family brought up with an irrational love of Chelsea Football Club (we're now into the sixth generation lol).

Even though I only live 9 or so miles away from the stadium work and family commitments as well as finances mean I only get to attend 3 or 4 games a season these days, however I'd far rather watch my team on TV that I have supported irrationally for 45 plus years when I can't go to games than attend the local non league crapola!

Before the foreign invasion English football wasn't really English anyway, most teams were full of Scottish, Welsh and Irish players, I seem to remember one of Liverpool's European Cup winning teams didn't contain one English player!
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote