View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 23:53   #46
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: What is hitting football viewing figures the most?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbryanw View Post
I have a similar story. When I was a teenager, my Grandad used to take me to watch my local team (Grimsby Town) when they were in the old first division. There was the one trip to Wembley to watch them win the Auto Windscreens Trophy final.

I don't think I'd go now by myself, as I used to go with my Grandad and it was a way of spending time in his company, and a bonding experience between us.

However, I don't think any TV Football experience will surpass those memories of watching Clive Mendonca, Paul Groves, John Mcdermott (all club legends now) et al. from the Pontoon Stand. So, if you can go with a relative or someone to support your local team, I definitely recommend it too.
Can't agree more. I'm amazed how well know and liked my Dad is locally. He's a fairly quiet guy who never goes out but wouldn't say no to anyone looking for a hand. When we go to the games he's approached buy guys from 18 to 80 wanting to talk to him. People he's worked beside, old friends, friends of the family etc... It's amazing to hear stories at the game, and the pub afterwards, about him going back decades that I had no idea about. It's an amazing experience that fills me with pride. You don't get that sitting in front of the idiot box watching Soccer Saturday!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote