View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 20:32   #204
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Smart Meter, Yae or Nae?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Given my meter is way past its EOL (E7 meter from 1989) I'm going to have to replace it.
Getting another analogue meter is looking unlikely now, as no one seems to fit them anymore.

So I'm now thinking I may as well do it sooner rather than later, i.e. in the summer.
That would mean I could look at moving to Octopus before next winter if I so desire.

Having an old E7 meter also hampers any move as some, like Octupus, always quote me E7 prices.
https://octopus.energy/joining-smart...itch%20to%20us.
I would advise moving to Octopus before getting smart meters installed, because not all smart meters work with octopus properly which would mean you couldn't take advantage of their smart tariffs.