View Single Post
Old 24-04-2016, 13:56   #1642
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulf4uk View Post
How to stay on Windows 7 & 8 forever: Using GWX Control Panel

http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

downloaded from the above and Win 7 now win 10 free
(caution as always back up important files)

my sons win10 was updated yesterday and removed the majority of his links, files , passwords addons and basically
made his computer unusable seems it didn't like non windows approved apps . Took a day to get it back right again
we have disabled windows update , yes its not reccomended but stops M\S tinkering
The Windows 10 updates will not remove your old set up, apps, files etc if you opt to keep them. If you don't like the outcome, restore keeps your old config anyway.

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post
Some people don't like windows 10 because they computer is to slow. CPU is to weak and less memory. So windows 10 will not run smooth. But lag.

And some don't like windows 10 because software or apps or games don't work with windows 10.

Can try linux like lubuntu and dual boot with windows.
Or try LIVE USB or DVD. Or try before installing it.

Windows XP is good for old PC or slow CPU but no more security patches unless you cracking it to 2019. Less support from Web browser and no drivers for new PC.

Yes, you have to be careful. Although W10 is generally more efficient and runs better on most machines than W7, older processors might actually give you a worse experience. Indeed W10 won't install if some processors are present.

I have been lucky with my old quadcore machine. I was very impressed with W7, but W10 boots up faster, ( 25 seconds to be usable) and apps run more quickly. I have updated with the most recent W10 build (Version 1511) only last weekend.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote