View Single Post
Old 26-08-2015, 20:03   #1
stevema
Inactive

stevema is an unknown quantity at this point
HDMI interference with Freeview

HDMI interference with Freeview

I know this is not the first time this topic has been brought up in the forum - But I've tried all the usual solutions and nothing seems to work.

In my central media cabinet I have three Virgin Tivo boxes connected to an HDMI matrix, I'm then using TBase HDMI extenders to send the output to 8 different rooms via CAT6 cable (it's a 4x8 matrix). Also in my media cabinet I have an aerial distribution amp and I'm sending the output via screened WF100 coax also to the 8 rooms so that each TV has freeview. Both solutions on their own, work fine, but for the life of me I can't get them to work together?? As soon as an actual HDMI connection is made between the source and a receiving TV, the freeview in the entire house is messed up, some channels just about still work, others are completely gone. Naturally there is nothing I can do about the CAT6 and the WF100 that's in the walls, but I have tried replacing all the HDMI leads with a variety of others, with no discernible impact on the problem. The patch leads I'm using in each room on the COAX are home-made from same WF100 as in the walls.... I'm at a loss... I need both to work as there is 6 in the family and sometimes if three are watching the TIVO, the other three might just want to watch regular freeview, each independent channels...

Is there perhaps any way to feed the Freeview on all the TV's via the matrix and down the CAT6, so I effectively stop using the COAX altogether, to eliminate the interference? Any other suggestions?

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

One extra thing - What I notice is if I disconnect the HDMI cables from all TV's except one, I'm still getting interference with Freeview on every single TV in the house, so the interference isn't happening locally in each room, it has to be happening in the media cabinet itself, maybe it's the actual AMP being affected - Thought this might help.
stevema is offline   Reply With Quote