View Single Post
Old 30-09-2017, 16:37   #135
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media prices are going up again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So why is he paying it, then? It must be worth it, or he would find an alternative means of finding his entertainment.

For example:

Freeview channels through an aerial, or if not available, through TV Player = Free
Now TV Movies and Entertainment Packs =£17.99
Amazon =£ 5.99
Netflix =£ 7.49

TOTAL= £31.47

That would give him all the terrestrial channels, Sky 1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, Sky Arts and Sky Cinema, ITV Encore and the huge library of Netflix and Amazon Prime material. A saving of £40 or so per month.

Of course, there are other permutations, but my point is that your dad doesn't have to pay all that money every month if he doesn't want to, and he should still be able to view the material he wants to see.

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Maybe they think that giving out all these discounts are counter productive. I think we should all be paying the same for our services. It was Sky that started this nonsense.
When I was with Sky the only reduction they gave was for paying a year in advance! Sky started to try to limit discounts last year and found churn going up and profits going down.

It's better to make a reduced profit than none at all for those unable/unwilling to pay the full price.

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Looks like it's been done. Can you explain why you're still a VM customer given how unhappy you are and have been for years looking at your posts?

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:28 ----------

I'd consider also looking into replacement autocorrect
You were too quick . I've turned it off as it was creating more errors instead of less.

It would be interesting to find out how many customers actually want these constant increases to speeds that need new equipment.

I wasn't bothered about mine being doubled, not that it's made any difference.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 30-09-2017 at 16:53.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote