View Single Post
Old 28-07-2017, 21:18   #11
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Dashcam - how to extend the 12v power lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yup, hence our desire to hide it behind the rear view mirror. It's quite frightening how many people I see driving along with their sat navs, phones or whatever stuck right in the middle of their windscreens. These would be the same folk who turn left into a field because the sat nav told them to... Idiots!
My Satnav/phone is stuck to the right of the window (magnetic type) and I find it so much safer than the type that go in the centre console or centre of dash. The quick glance to the side means eyes are still on the road, rather than the other positions, which I also tried. Tend to be looking away from the road more with the other positions. Unless you try it, you won't understand it completely, but trust me when I say a phone stuck to the window at the side is much safer!

I use a navigation map app called Sygic which also has a kind of dashcam built in. It will record like a dashcam and overwrite it's video every 5 minutes unless it detects a crash and will also write gps data in to the video so it can be used as evidence of being at a location too.

Another nice feature is it has a Heads Up Display that you can use for night driving which projects (reflects) the directions, current speed and speed limits on to your windscreen, so no need to take eyes off the road at all. Works quite well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SifFC8pJQoE
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote