View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 12:59   #1437
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
So does that mean Trump should not have said that the IC did leak it, as he does not know unequivocally one way or another that it is true, and he has no evidence that it is?
He suggested it as a possibility. Nobody is claiming what he said as proof. On the other hand, there are many people stating that it was "likely" that Russia was involved in ONE attempted hack at ONE individual is conclusive proof.
From your post.
Quote:
James Clapper, US director of national intelligence, told Trump on Wednesday evening that the intelligence community had not been responsible for the leak. “I emphasised that this document is not a US intelligence community product and that I do not believe the leaks came from within the IC,”
The 2 BiB are contradictory in nature. It still officially leaves open the possibility that the intelligence community where responsible, is Trump's suggestion might be correct.

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm sure you must know by now that the onus is on the person making the allegation (Trump) to prove it and not on the person defending the organisation (Clapper). The concept of innocent until proved guilty applies here.
Must've have missed the bit where Buzzfeed and whoever provided any proof of anything.