View Single Post
Old 28-12-2016, 19:26   #29
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Buying a Smart TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Apparently and l am no expert on this but because today's TV' are much thinner it requires a good sound bar to get the most optimum sound out of it.
There is a good reason for this.. To get a decent sound, the cone inside the speaker needs a fair amount of space as it needs to be relatively large, or needs to be able to move a lot, to vibrate the air around the set efficiently. I am simplifying it quite a lot, and there is a lot to speaker design that doesn't involve large amounts of cone, but in general I've found that the sound from LCD and LED TVs has been a little bit lacking in bass, and this is the main reason why.

I bought a Samsung sound bar for my previous Samsung TV (which died just before xmas). Wierdly, the LG TV I have it attached to now makes far better use of it than the Samsung ever did.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote